Joe Maciel »
B. Comm., CPA, CA
Joe’s area of focus is providing year-end accounting and corporate tax services to family-owned enterprises, personal and corporate tax planning and business succession planning. His practice has a strong emphasis on tax planning, estate planning and financial planning.
His work experience includes:
- Canada Revenue Agency audit division
- Bombardier Capital wholesale finance division
- Lectured for three years at Okanagan University College in the areas of Tax, Canadian Business and Management and Financial Accounting
- Presented a number of estate and financial and planning seminars in conjunction with local banks and credit unions.
Education & Certification:
- Commerce Degree with a major in Finance – University of British Columbia in Vancouver
- Chartered Accountant (CPA) – Institute of Chartered Accountants of British Columbia
- Former member of Financial Planning Standards of Canada
- Joe articled with KPMG in Vancouver prior to moving to Kelowna
Joe has been continually recognized for business excellence through the Westside Chamber of Commerce and has been the recipient of numerous awards including Business Person of the Year, Best Service based Business award and Best Small Business award. He is a former Rotarian, former director of the Westbank Chamber of Commerce, Financial Agent for civic leaders, BC premier and MLAs and also a former member of the Board of Governors for Okanagan College.